Re: Pappy Boyington Still a Black Sheep at UW

From: Eric Scott (kc7klz@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 11:44:00 PST

I was a big fan of the '70s show Black Sheep Squadron.
 It prompted me to read his autobiography, and
anything Else I could find on the man. He lead an
interesting life, and deserves a memorial. The irony
of this situation is, if you talk to most liberal
people, who are anti-war, they will tell you that the
last just war was WWII. This is because we were
fighting the the fascist foes of Hitler's Nazi regime,
and the imperial domination of the then Militaristic
Japanese empire. So the so-called opened minded free
thinking student body leadership of the UW, didn't
want to approve the memorial, because he was white,
and he killed people for his country. All you can do
is scratch your head and go Huhhh.....