RE: Armed Drones in Iraq

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 14:04:36 PST

Sure have Stu,
I have been on in some planning phases also. What you have is lots of
background people. Who is going to watch the monitor, who is going to make
the call that its really a bad guy, who is going to refuel the
"plane/drone", who is.....the list is longer than you would like to know.

But on the upside, we do have lots of other high techno gadgetry out there
sweeping all the time.....ever look at how big Iraq really is? try to sweep
the state of Texas of trash, that is about how it would be. Imagine the
manpower you would waste keeping up the "trash". I know life has no cost,

but I have been over here twice in 2 years and I know Im coming back in a
few months again.......so how costly is it?

The bigger picture is, we have awsome protection of our trucks and
personnel. But when your up against a HUGE mine, it doesnt matter
anymore.......its guerilla warfare.

I can talk with you offline if you want about this subject. But you get the
gist of it here.

SSGT SMITH, USMC Iraq

M880, M274A5, 6K GenSet
http://tired-iron.mounet.com/cliff/