British Museum!!!!

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 10:21:17 PST

My wife and I were watching one of our favorite shows on the Travel channel
last night, Most Haunted. They go from town to town all over England
looking for Ghosts. If you haven't seen it I would suggest that you take a
peek, it's very good and the places that they go and are permitted into the
"unseen by the public" areas are highly informative indeed!

Last night they shot the entire show at the Muckleburgh Collection. They
had just about every WWII tank and other vehicle that you could think of!
Of course they did find some Ghosts and heard some strange noises, etc.
which was VERY interesting but they got into a "Haunted" tank and we got to
see the entire interior of the main compartment! These vehicles have been
completely restored and from what I gathered, (they weren't there to talk
about tanks darn the luck), they are all, or at least most, running! They
take them out for drives once in a while. In fact the "Star" of the show
was brought up to the cameras in the opening segment!

The tank that they were in for a while was a US Sherman I think, sorry guys,
not as up on my WWII armor as I should be. It is reported to be haunted
with voices coming out of it and visitors asking "why is that tank cooling
down then, have you just been out for a drive in it"? Many, many visitors
has stated that they have heard the engine making the "ticking & other
sounds of a freshly shut down engine cooling down"!! When in fact that tank
hadn't been driven for a month or so!!

The point of my email is to enlighten those that haven't seen this most
wonderful place and the multitude of armor and other MVs that are there and
to compliment the people that own and run that museum on the most fantastic
job of restoring and maintaining WWII and other military aircraft and
weapons that I have ever seen!!!! I hope that Michele and I have a chance
to travel there to see it in person!

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"