Oil to Diesel Help!!

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 06:34:29 PST

Gentlemen,

I've decided to bite the bullet and go with the used cooking oil for fuel in
my M-1009. I've found a fairly reliable source of used oil, now I need to
know what is really needed to accomplish this conversion.

I know that someone on the list had a setup that started his vehicle on
regular diesel and then switched to cooking oil to run on, then switched
back to diesel to shut down. This is the system that I'm most interested
in. What do I need to build or buy to accomplish this? I would say an
extra tank for the small amount of diesel that I would be using, a filter
system for it, an electric pump and a gauge to let me know when it's getting
low. The main system would be in the main fuel tank as it is now.

Is this the best system to use? In the mostly warm South do I need to have
this system or would it be best to just mix the cooking oil with the diesel
in my present fuel tank???? I'm open to most anything! Please let me know
what you all think and which way I should go with this idea. Friends that
live near me with M-1009s & M-1008s are waiting with high hopes that they
can be helped here!! Thanks in advance for any information, it is most
appreciated!

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"