M38A1 Engine parts wanted.

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 15:07:21 PST

OK PURISTS - I NEED YOUR HELP

I am having an "F" Head Engine Remanufactured. The Block & Head has been
Magnafluxed & Planed. All other parts will be NEW. I want to take it an
much longer trips & want nothing to cause me a headache. It hopefully will
be installed in time for the parade season.

------------

I WANT A SOURCE FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Willys Part No. 800829 Exhaust Valves 4 EA 5.91 aol

STELLITE FACE
1.47" HEAD
5.91 OAL (OVERALL LENGTH)
                   NOTE: NOT 5.71 AOL

-----------
HOOK, ENGINE LIFTING No. 8328396

-----------

HEATED DISCUSSION vs. ARGUMENT

We have an heated discussion (argument) about the color of the Valve Cover.

I say: GLOSS BLACK - others say: GLOSS OD like the block.

My Gloss Black includes: Valve Cover, Generator, Voltage Regulator, Air
Cleaner, Carburetor Tube & Oil Filter.

What Color was the Distributor ???

What Black item did I miss ???

Any & all help will be appreciated.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA, Redball Transport
NJ State Commander Korean War Veterans Association