Re: A RE-levant posting

From: Convoy Magazine (convoymagazine@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 13:16:50 PST

 repeat suggestions

ENSURE PROPER IMAGE OF US AND THE HOBBY ,TO BEGIN WITH

1-at public events always dress neatly, never slovenly

1b-if affiliated with a club, wear club t-shirts,
blazers or whatever..show you're part of an organized
group- not some wacko individual

1c-if wearing a uniform,no "part" uniforms, always
complete, neat, no rank or honours unless actually
earned.

2- as someone else on this list pointed out- re guns-
always locked on vehicles, pointing forward or up.
NO-one touches or plays with them at public
events-EVER!

2-take pains to emphasize historic-heritage aspect of
vehicles and effort.. always downplay and dissuade the
public from their preconceived notions that this hobby
glorifies war. Professional looking signs adequately
pointing out the "antiqueness"-historical nature
always good

3- no drinking in public. If you must, do it very
discreetly, out of sight. Never get out of control,
never let a member get out of control =ever.

CREATE AND GATHER USEFUL/INFLUENTIAL CONTACTS

4-always get the names and addresses of public
officials who request your services, and or ride in
your vehicles. Also veterans and veterans groups.
These should be collected into a data base which can
be used if support is needed against repressive laws..
when reasonable ask for and carefully collect letters
of thanks, esp from officials for same reasons.

5-always collect and carefully store (with photocopies
and or electronic copies) of positive news stories
about your vehicle, your club activities, or the
hobby. same reasons as above

thoughts for discussion

Monty
convoy Magazine