Re: what kind of 6x6 transfer case/driveshaft setup is this?

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 02:31:16 PST

you are describing how the M211 / M135 - and related vehicles are set up --
and maybe others - I have just the rear section of frame with springs and
axles attached from WWII dual wheel 3/4 ton do not remember if it is this
way, will have to look,

Back to your question - yes truck will move with only one drive shaft hooked
up, if nothing is wrong with un-powered axle, potential problems are same
as operating M35 and the 5 ton big brothers, should you happen to get non
powered axle on something high enough that powered axle is not touching road
surface you are hung, front axle - unless you have disabled it should allow
you to move enough to get powered rear axle back on surface.

Everette