RE: "NO MORE VETS" LIVE FREE OR DIE

From: Carl & Kathy Cundy (mistymtn@gwtc.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 20:15:39 PST

"I thought you were only gonna send this history channel OT stuff to those
who request it! If nobody sent you email asking for it then nobody wants
it. Please stop sending this stuff to the rest of us. The fair thing to do
is only send it to those who ask for it. As I said before, I have the
History Channel already. Please stop!

       "Stu"
Southern NH, USA
"Live Free Or Die"

MVPA #14790

1967 M151A1 Jeep 1964 M416 Trailer
1985 M1008 CUCV Pickup

MV ETIQUETTE : CAPS EQUAL SHOUTING !

I joined this list to possibly help my son -maybe some of you.

I , myself never served in our armed forces. Class of 1976 in Custer, SD.
Scheduled for ceremony @ Mt. Rushmore ("SHRINE OF DEMOCRACY")
but - bad weather changed to Custer,. SD Natl. Guard Armory -- also local
b.ball
court. - small town . Was lined-up for the the MARINES - but instead chose
local "good" job for $$. Good choice, I feel , KOREAN WAR VET (ARMY)
step-dad got his A** bailed out by me w/ $$ I earned & my Mother &
brothers'
life was also a little smoother.

I felt I owed this to him - not for his S*** my Mother or I endurred
-but for the THOUSAND YARD STARE He had while watching
Walter Chroncike ("AND THAT'S THE WAY IT IS") on the news
w/ me during the 'Vam war. I knew he was a good man inside -but ?
Never a "pity me" attitude -- but he was troubled & lashed out @ times.
Why ?? Never talked about nothing.

After leaving his house, I got a god job & "partied w/ the big boys"
in Wyoming & SD. I found myself "zeroing -in" on the drunkest SOB in
whatever bar I was in. & found ALOT of 'Nam VETS - got them to talk.
I had no training to deal w/ their NIGHTMARES - but I tried to help
where I could -- by listening. Took ALOT of whiskey @ times -- but they
were safe when I left them & even decades later -- friends.

When I got out of high school "Bicentennial" FREEDOM was the topic --
I also tried to take on the "responsability" of being an American.
I have recycled everything I can -- voted every chance I got --
help any person I can -- & HELP EDUCATE OUR YOUTH.

In my mind -- If more of OUR YOUTH knew their country's ACTUAL
HISTORY -- OR THE B***S*** REASON FOR WARS (POLITICIANS)
 My only son (USMC Lcpl ,would not be in Iraq right now -- DOING WHAT HE
NEEDS TO DO.)

My toast @ the local VFW last VETERAN'S DAY "NO MORE VETS".
The entire place felt silent -- EDUCATION OF HISTORY MAY ACHIVE THIS.

BACK -OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: STU -- PRETTY SLACK ON THE "MV VEHICHLES OWNED"

MY SON HAS MORE SHIT THAN YOU ("SEMPER -FI ") -- HE'S ONLY 19 !!

PPS: LOCAL VFW COMMANDER ASKED MY SON TO USE HIS
M35A2 AS THE FLOAT FOR SD VIET NAM MEMORIAL PARADE
IN SEPT 'O6 -- LORD WILLING -- HE'LL DRIVE HIS OWN TRUCK
IN HIS USMC "DRESS BLUES".

PPPS: HE'S ALREADY WALKED IN:
           SD WWII MEMORIAL PARADE: CIVIL AIR PATROL COLOR GUARD
           SD KOREAN " " " "
" " "

    LATER ! "MISTYMTN" (SD)
 NEAR ELLSWORTH AFB & MT.RUSHMORE