Re: [MVlist] Re: KEEP or LOSE our Old Iron

From: dgrev (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 02:41:07 PST

Rob

I note that it is now day 2 and we have still yet to see
the first of these emails appear on mil-veh. Looks like
the email monster didn't like our subject?

> Hey Doug We are not yet, "Sad Muppets" :-) Ha.

We may not think so, but most people give me a strange look
when I say I collect armoured vehicles.

> I agree with the rest of your posting... therefore,
> Definitely we would employ lots of Prudent Editing...
> would not show Guns - Guns and more Guns
> Also, we would never show a bunch of Civilians running
> around in full Military dress. Unless the earned it !

There is a time for the re-enactors to go to ground and
this is one of those times.

> I agree, that we might show our "old Soldiers" getting into a
> Jeep or two for an annual parade.

I stress the point that the way to win pollies over is
to have them ride in the vehicles. Even better, film them doing
so and hand them a copy with them in the finished film saying
how Senator Joe Average (pun) had the chance to personally
experience history for himself blah blah blah.

> However, this does need a huge amount of input before
> going off half cocked

Agreed, but until someone has something to say and our
email appears on mil-veh, we appear to be a forum
of 2.

Regards
Doug