Mat-tracks, M35? and, duals in front?

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 07:05:56 PST

Hi all,
A friend gave me a set of, what he calls "Mat-tracks". He used them on his
well drilling rig.
They look like conveyor belting, with arrow shaped ridges about 2" high
every foot or so, and, cone shaped things underneath every 6" or so that
ride between the duals, keeping them centered. They connect with a
piano-hinge type arrangement, you put a rod through the hinge area after
pulling it tight with a come-along.
They are factory made, and, seem in pretty good shape.
Question:
Does anyone have any experience with these on a deuce? Like, how do they
work in mud, and snow? Do they provide much floatation, or, just traction,
since the truck is so heavy?
Also, he suggested I could dual the front end, just by bolting on another
set of rims.........
Any thoughts?
I'm thinking this would be a pretty neat snow machine, if that'd
I guess it'd make it kind of like a half-track?......

"was that another one of them rockety snowmobiles, or, did I run over
another tree?......."

Thanks,
Henry