Re: MV Registration w/no SF97?

From: Graham Wooden (graham@g-rock.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 08:30:03 PST

Tell you what, it was a pain in my a$$ to get the SF97 and the GL
"re-assignment" letter to be accepted. The DMV here in GA doesn't recognize
non-state issued Re-assignments. So after going to several DMV offices
here, I signed power of attorney to my wife and sent her to the office that
I felt had the "not-the-slightest clue" on what their doing and she got it
pushed through. I was about to either rip GL or the DMV a new one for
making it such a hassle to get a title.

Again, I did everything on their little checklist - but still came down to,
and I quote .... "Um, not really sure we (the state of Georgia) can even
process this - why do you want this vehicle anyway? - seems old". I heard
that several times from the DMV and each time I had to keep my cool ... I
was inches away from ringing the neck of that DMV employee.

Bah. Anyways, good luck. Boy, I do feel for ya. I don't think I will buy
another vehicle from GL. Unless it was a very,very,very good deal.

By the way - please don't take offence to my reference of DMV employees.

-graham
http://m1009.com/