Military Vehicles Mailing List Mar 2006: Mat-tracks, M35? and, duals in front? correction.

Mat-tracks, M35? and, duals in front? correction.

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 06:52:19 PST

Hi all,
I guess my friend just called them "mat tracks", they aren't the triangle
things with that name.
They are as described in the email, though. Like conveyor belting with
traction ridges, and, cones to keep them centered. They are mount over the
tandem axles with duals, and tightened with a come-along and then a pin
through a piano hinge arrangement. Make it kind of like a half-track
configuration.

Sorry for the mix up in description.

Any way,
If any one has experience with this sort of arrangement, please share your
knowledge,
Thanks again,
Henry