Re: need some help with weapons load out

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 07:58:28 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark B. Anderson" <mark@aasurplus.ca>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:35 AM
Subject: [MV] need some help with weapons load out

> Hi all,
>
> can anyone tell me the make and model the 45 cal machine gun that sits
> behind the drivers seat on the M75 APC. I know it has 1 50 cal on top but
> also shows a 45 cal small machine gun clamped in behind drivers seat.
> I need one of these dewatt would be the best as it is for show.

M3 "Grease Gun"; so called because it was a simple, cheap, tubular affair
which looked a lot like an old-school grease-gun. There's a huge,
highly-detailed photograph of one here:
http://www.cvcycles.com/jetfixer/Museum/M3Greasegun.JPG , and while I don't
know anyone with a dewat at the moment, I do know that Airsoft makes a
pretty decent airgun version of it which handily beats all our 'replica'
/prohibited devices legislation because it's a functional airgun (fires
little plastic bb things which annoy pets and spouses and jam up the
vacuum), so Ottawa can go bark up a tree.

(Burt Lancaster's character in the wonderful "Go Tell the Spartans" uses one
throughout.)