Re: need some help with weapons load out

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 08:09:02 PST

Hi Rick,

Most likely it still is unless they replaced it with one of the M-16
variants. It was a great little weapon. As someone mentioned the A-1 model
improved upon it a great deal. That 45 slug would do mean business at
relatively close range. All in all it would be a shame to get rid of them
but when has that ever stopped the government??

The M-14 was wasted and it was the best battle rifle ever to be fielded!!!!
The boys in Iraq are trying to get them issued again but the only ones that
I have seen, both on TV and in the papers, are the Sniper models. The M-16
is good, not great, but good for jungle warfare but the M-14 is the weapon
for long range and desert warfare.......

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"