Repeating a previous message re M998

From: Arthur Bloom (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2006 - 17:06:41 PST

Good Morning, listers:

I am forwarding the below inquiry on behalf of my good friend Larry, who is
unable to post the question personally due to business constraints. If
anyone cares to answer, either on-list or off, please do so. My toll-free
number is 866-749-0100 Ext 1.

Thank you, Arthur P. Bloom

-----------------------

My M998 refused to start. The voltmeter indicates that the glow plugs are
not operating i.e., there is no decrease in battery voltage upon initiating
the glow cycle....a good indicator of battery voltage and condition also.

I had a spare "protection" box, I thought. I removed the original and to my
dismay, the spare had an extra Cannon socket next to the "normal" socket
that the engine compartment plugs into. Therefore, I was unable to safely
use the spare. I also ordered a glow plug controller found on the cross
tube of the coolant.

I called a major supplier of M998 parts and was told they cannot sell me a
new protection box as they're holding what they have for military customers.
I bought 10 of them, used, from eBay...in hopes there'll be some good
ones...they were removed from HMMWV's being refurb'd. I ordered 2 NIB (new
in box) glow plug controllers from eBay too.

Could you check with the mil veh list and see if , but for the second Cannon
socket, that other protection box is useable?