Re: [MVlist] FS: 3 axle tilt top trailer for hauling MV's.....update info and appology.......

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 09:55:57 PST

Hi all,
First,
My sincere apology for not including location.
I sit here and gripe about people doing just that, and, I did it. I have no
excuse. It bugs me, and, now, I'm guilty.
So, remind me not to judge or complain about it any more, since, my house is
glass.........
I am sorry for this.

Second:
More info:

Location: Grass Valley, CA (northern, near Sacramento)

Mfg: Fab Shop, Sacramento CA.

Date: 1986

GVW: It looks like the plate was torn off at some point. I'd say weight
limit is set by tires. They are rated at 3,100 lbs single. That'd be 18,600
lbs. You can decide for yourself....
I hauled 12,000 lbs on it and it seemed fine........ I'd say it weighs a
couple of tons.

Bed: 19' overall, 16' tilts, 3' stationary. 8' wide. wooden deck .Wood could
use some TLC. 4' tongue with lockable steel lid for tools, etc.

Tires/rims: 16.5", pretty old, one is flat. It would pull fine, but, before
a big load, I'd check them closely.

More description:
It looks very well built, heavy main frame (10" heavy channel). I'm sure
some of the electrical components need TLC. It all worked at one point
(duh), but, it's been sitting for a few years, only moved around my property
lately. I'm sure some wires probably broke, or, contacts corroded. Maybe
even a bulb or two are burned out. It has traction areas at the end of the
bed.
I'll try to attach photos to this post.
If it doesn't work, email me and I'll send direct.
Thanks,
Henry