Re: Mutt Batteries 6TL

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 14:03:56 PST

Buy a voltmeter HF has some for 5.00 or less and check your polarity. If
your battery has a complete drain down it is possible for it to reverse
polarity. Never have the charger on before connecting the cables. Wayne

>From the web:
Words of caution: Lead-acid batteries contain a diluted sulfuric acid
electrolyte, which is a highly corrosive poison and will produce flammable
and toxic gasses when recharged and explode if ignited. According to PREVENT
BLINDNESS AMERICA, in 2003 nearly 6,000 motorists suffered serious eye
injuries from working around car batteries. When working with batteries, you
need to wear glasses (or preferably safety goggles), have plenty of
ventilation, remove your jewelry, and exercise caution. Do NOT allow battery
electrolyte to mix with salt water. Even small quantities of this
combination will produce chlorine gas that can KILL you! Please follow the
manufacturer's instructions for testing, jumping, installing, discharging,
charging, equalizing and maintaining batteries.