Re: Mutt Batteries 6TL

From: Arthur Bloom (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 14:07:55 PST

You need to put in acid. It usually is available at the store where you
bought the batteries.

You will always get a spark, when connecting a charger to a battery. The
strength of the spark is proportional to the voltage difference between the
battery and the charger. Fully charged batteries are at ~ 12.6 volts.
Chargers must put out 13.8 to 14.2 volts to overcome the resistance of the
batteries, and to get them to charge.

The correct procedure was stated in a previous post: Attach clips firmly,
THEN plug in charger, THEN turn on charger. Any loose connection, at the
terminals, even using this safe method, will create a spark, potentially
igniting the hydrogen gas. Always ventilate the area around the battery
before doing any of the above steps.

apb