Re: Surplus Condition Question

From: FireflyArms (info@fireflyarms.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 02:16:59 PST

Thanks for the input guys. I'm glad to know that I haven't gone completely
off my rocker. The vendor is Dave Demorrow at All Era Militaria in TX,
www.alleramilitaria.com. Here's the whole silly story:

I got a load of canteens from GL and some had beat up caps. I found this
vendor's website via Google and he had the best price on new caps. I
contacted the vendor to confirm price and shipping. Upon his reply I
immediately paid via PayPal, mistakenly thinking they would offer some
protection against getting burned.

After 2 weeks and nothing shows up, I email the vendor. He states "they were
returned in the mail, verify my address and I'll send them again." I again
send my address and wait.

4 days later a box arrives. I ordered 40 NEW caps and received 20 USED caps.
I was a bit pissed off. I went to PayPal and filled out their complaint
form. The instantly reply that my complaint has been logged but I won't get
a refund via them because while I didn't receive what I ordered, I did
receive something. They'll only intervene if you don't get anything.

I contact the vendor and he calls me. First he says that the quantity was a
mistake and he'll send more. I say I don't want more becuase these aren't
new. He goes on to tell me a story about how yes, these are new, that he
took them off new canteens that he replaced with old-style solid caps. He
also states that the delay in shipping was because he was in the hospital
(contrary to what he had told me previously). We continue to disagree on the
condition and he agrees to refund my money if I return what I have received.

So now the box is packed and going back in the mail. I'm not going to hold
by breath for a refund.

Thanks again for the opinions,

Sam Betlyon
info@fireflyarms.com