Re: Surplus Condition Question

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 08:14:34 PST

I didn't know that! That is a very useful tip. While Paypal is quick
to setup and does allow a person to take credit card payments - it is
expensive at about 3 percent and has some pitfalls that are not
immediately obvious.

For instance, a guy sent me a rather substantial payment of about $1200
from his credit card to my Paypal account. He accidentally sent the
payment from the wrong credit card. He used his personal credit card
instead of a company credit card. I sent the payment back to him, but
he could not get the refund back onto this credit card. Refunds have
to go into a bank account. So a simple refund to correct an error got
quite messy at his end of it.

Live and learn.

Dave