Re: NOS M65 breech assembly or diagram needed

From: Jay Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 09:05:06 PST

There used to be a book out about how to build a dummy rocket and firing
mechanism for the expended LAWS tubes. Basically, it used an Estes "D"
model rocket engine and a few parts from various model rocket kits to make
a model rocket with folding fins that looked like the original, but with a
balsa dummy for a warhead (no instructions were given nor suggested about
building a functional one) and the launcher used a rifle primer and clear
fish tank tube to the engine so that the original squeeze trigger would
function. Not sure what the legality of it would be, since at that point,
it is only a glorified model rocket launcher, but you might want to ask
your local BATF guys BEFORE you build and fire it.

recycler@swbell.net>
> Date: 3/10/2006 9:55:04 AM
> Subject: Re: [MV] NOS M65 breech assembly or diagram needed
>
> THIS sort of problem is exactly why I stick to small stuff. On the 4th of
> July, I fire 'pop bottle rockets' from my rather beat-up LAWS tube. I
would
> like to find an inert (dummy) round for it, but I have never seen one. I
> don't think they ever made them since it was a disposable weapon..
> PJ

Mutt).
> > It starts a pretty bad side to side wobble at about 8 mph and then gets
> > remarkably worse with speed, until I am doing involuntary lane changes,
any
> > thoughts why? Time for an alignment?
> >
> > Stopping from a speed of 35 mph requires about 10 minutes notice, but a
> > slight downhill and forget it, you're pretty much going where the M65
wants,
> > which reminds me of this funny story that began when we crested the
7000 ft.
> > elevation mark at Donnor Pass. We're on our way home with the cannon
from
> > the GL property site, but I digress, I should save that story for
another
> > time. Besides, you probably already saw the headlines, "UFO decends on
Hwy