external oil coolers

From: Jim Zehr (jimm1009@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 04:57:17 PST

I was wondering if anyone has unusally good success
with the addition of an external transmission and/or
engine oil cooler to their CUCV series trucks.
Basically a CUCV is a civy truck with a partial 24
volt system as we all know but the idea of cooling
oils in hot engine water is a little silly at best.
For those of who do not follow Chevy trucks the tranny
and engine oils are pumped up front through the
radiator side tanks (seperate coils of course)for
cooling and then returned to their respective
components through lines on the left front frame area.

Here is the South it is a good idea to deviate from
the OEM design especially for the tranny and I was
wondering if anyone had part numbers of kits or
coolers that they have used.
I know there are several brands out there. Lots of
new kits on e-bay too.
Just looking for ideas while my engine is out and
being reinstalled.
Thanks brother (& sister) MVers.
Jim <jimm1009@yahoo.com>