M151-A2 Body Panel and Color Infor Needed

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 21:01:43 PST

Greetings,

I have been helping a local Vietnam Vet's group aquire an M151-A2. I do not
have an M151 but these people latched on to me via our local diner because
of my collection of other MV's. They now have aquired the vehicle, from TX.
One of thier members runs a garage and has gone over it top to bottom, it
now runs great (stops also!!). Now it is sitting over at another members
auto body shop for the rest of the overhaul. The body shop would like to
replace some of the side panels but was not happy with some panels that they
bought out of MV magazine. Could someone fill me in on the general situation
with the repro M151 body panels, who has good ones, who may not? Then,
regarding paint color, I assume that these would have been 24087 from the
factory, please correct if I am wrong. They would concider that color and
they agree that they do not want gloss, but they would really like to do a
camo job on it. Would M151's in use in Vietnam ever have been camo'd, and if
so what patter/type would it have been? I was thinking the 4 color type
with the light green, dark green and tan and ? but I am not sure. I do
beleive I have the manual for the patterns but just not sure if this would
have been correct. Any help would be appreciated and I will forward on to them.

Thanks,

je