Any truckers on the list going from Utah to Alabama?

From: Jay Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 00:57:59 PST

Bear with me; it's off topic, but not entirely. I'm assuming you guys are
familiar with that Kansas church group that's been going around protesting
at funerals of those KIA in the war, and there is a group of (mostly)
bikers who get together and attend these funerals to act as a support group
and to shield the families from the church protestors. This group is
called the patriot guard riders. One of the recent funerals was for a Lt.
Joseph DeMoors, and the following copy explains the situation:

"For those of you who didn’t have an opportunity to follow the thread, Lt.
DeMoors was a Canadian citizen who wanted to become an American citizen and
defend our country. He accomplished both of those goals. He died in
January 2006, defending his adopted country and was laid to rest in
Alabama. We, as PGR members, were honored to play small part in paying
tribute to this young man and his family.

The story doesn’t end there. Bill “Snap” Lines filled me in on the rest of
the story. Joseph and Vendella deMoors had a baby boy born on Christmas
Day in 1993, and little Gabriel was the light of his father’s life. On
Valentines Day in 1994, at the age of less than two months, Gabriel died of
SIDS and was buried in Utah. Joseph had always told Vendella that when he
died, he wanted Gabriel to be buried beside him. Vendella simply does not
have the funds available to do that. Here’s where “Snap” stepped in. When
he heard this story, he talked to Vendella, and, simply put, said “I think
we can make that happen”.

The funeral home has generously donated their services for the disinterment
and reburial of Gabriel next to his father. We need to raise the funds for
transporting Gabriel to Alabama and the associated expenses. We’re
estimating around $2,000.

On a personal note, I want to thank Dinky Dau and Snap for all their hard
work to make this happen.
Thanks,
Jeff

If you’d like to help, here’s the information:

Maxwell Federal Credit Union
PO Box 244040
Montgomery, Al 36124-4040

Make checks payable to:
"The Gabriel deMoors Fund"

On the back where you would endorse a check write:
"Deposit only in Acct #297257-10 for deMoors re-burial”

You can read more about it at
http://www.patriotguard.org/tabid/174/ctl/ArticleView/mid/585/articleId/6/WE
-CAN-GRANT-A-FALLEN-HEROS-WISH.aspx

They've gotten the money together, but I thought it might not hurt to see
if anyone here who was driving a truck with a little extra room and heading
that way anyway might be able to help'em out, and maybe let the solider's
family keep the money. If not, no problems, and sorry if this is too far
off topic for anyone.

Jay Travis