Re: Gl auction

From: Lee Houde (houdel@carrinter.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 06:25:03 PST

Here is the straight scoop on GL and SF-97s. This was posted on
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ in response to a letter a member wrote to
GL. BTW, steel soldiers is a GREAT site for information on all MVs. Good
luck on the titling, it varies from state to state. We can get a title
with a bill of sale here in Michigan, but if the truck is over $2500 you
have to post a surity bond. Mine cost $82 for the bond on a $2750 truck,
plus sales tax and the title application fee. If you want to drive your
truck to Michigan and temporarly "sell" it to me for a nominal amount I
can get a MI title and then transfer it back to you for what it costs me
in fees and taxes. -- Lee

Thank you for your email. Government Liquidation has decided to stop
providing SF97s on certain vehicles. This decision was made for the
following reasons:

Due to the large number of incomplete or inaccurate SF97s we were
receiving from the Department of Defense,
Trouble many customers were having in converting the SF97s into state
title documents,
Increasing rates of rejection by state DMVs due to the incomplete or
inaccurate documents,
Because many of the DRMOs refused to correct SF97s, even when an error
could be proved.

Government Liquidation felt that providing this document to customers
might inadvertently mislead some customers to believe that the document
would be of more assistance to them in their efforts to obtain a state
title document than has been the case.

The only document you will receive is the paid in full invoice.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Representative
Government Liquidation, LLC
15051 N. Kierland Blvd 3rd floor