RE: *SPAM* M1009 CUCV problem

From: Stu (stuinnh@mvnut.us)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 07:48:18 PST

Sounds like starter solenoid. Happen to my 1009 when my wife tried to start
it last summer. Mine shorted.... horn started blowing....flywheel started
spinning faster and faster...battery cables started smoking and
melting....sounded like doomsday with the horn going off. Of course my wife
sat there with her mouth open saying "but all I did was start it". The horn
stopped going off and I fought the urge to start running like it might
explode except my wife who was still frozen behind the wheel might take a
dim view of that choice. Finally got hood open and cut battery cables
before fire broke out....whew.. exciting Sunday morning.

             "Stu" Southern, NH USA
 "Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst Of Evils"
MVPA #14790
1967 M151A1 Jeep 1964 M416 Trailer
1985 M1008 CUCV Pickup