Re: mortar men (sorta off topic)

From: 52m37@charter.net
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 15:30:41 PST

Hi Fred:
My father was a morterman in the 84th Chem Mortar Bn during WWII. They used
4.2" mortar but the technology was the same for the 60mm as I recall. I will
check some of my manuals later tonight but as I recall these were the
propellant changes added to the base of the shell. The number to be used was
determined from firing tables based on type of round used, distance etc.

I have no idea about the dangers of carrying in you pocket them but probably
not a great idea.

I will be back to you later if I find any additional info.
Hal in Plattsburgh