Re: {**Possible UCE**} Re: M1009 CUCV problem

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 10:07:21 PST

Good question.

I didn't know those relays were good for 200 amps.
This definitely looks like the simplest way to go.

Does anyone know if the coil rating on the GPR109 is the same as
the starter relay it would replace? ie: does it draw significant more power?

Also, for any of you geeks out there, there is a diode in that circuit
that goes past
the glow plug controller and the water in fuel circuit. Is that diode
being used just as a direction limiter or is the diode voltage drop
being used somehow?
I didn't quite follow what was going on there.

Bruce MVPA 23824