Re: {**Possible UCE**} Re: M1009 CUCV problem

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 20:36:51 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Burke" <julian@knology.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] {**Possible UCE**} Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV problem

> A GPR109 relay is not a starter relay. It is a Glow Plug Relay originally
> intended for a Ford product. When I wrote an article covering the slow
plug
> system in a CUCV, I found that relay to be a suitable replacement for the
> sorry original. Julian Burke

Eeyup. But it's a heavy-current, short duty-cycle relay regardless, so it
seemed a good choice to replace the Relay: Starter, Silver, Wimpy which
comes OEM on the CUCV. If anything the duty-cycle is shorter in the 'Start'
capacity then it would be in the Glow Plug capacity while handling far less
current, so..win-win. :) My opinion anyway. As always, Your Mileage May
Vary.