Re: Fw: Solargizers

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 09:55:42 PST

The truth is somewhere in between. The solargizers are not intended to
be battery chargers,
but they will add a little charge in the process of desulfating. If you
leave them on long enough
and the sulfating has been removed, then the batteries accept a charge
more readily, so that
little charging current has a better chance of building the battery back up.

The other possibility here is that the battery originally had a
reasonable charge but the sulfating
was somehow interfering with it being available. Note, this is only a
very wild guess and not
based on any solid knowledge at all.

Bruce MVPA 23824