Re: Charge a battery? Plant a tree

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:23:44 PST

So if I drive about 1000 nails into my big tree outside the house, I can
  feed power back into the utility??? I can see it now, 5 kw from a 6
inch Maple!!!

Did I mention that I have this bridge I need to sell..........

Seriously, if they would subtantiate how the tree is generating a
potential it would be one thing, but just to say "it works"! Is a
little out there. Dis-similar metals in a conductive solution (sap and
ground water with dissolved minerals (ions) makes for a battery.
Perhaps they are just a little confused?

Dave