OT- Kansas Becomes a Concealed Carry State

From: Chris Somers (bone184bw@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 12:05:09 PST

House and Senate Override Governor Sebelius' Veto:
Kansas Passes Right-to-Carry!

(Fairfax, VA) - Both the Kansas State Senate and House
of Representatives voted to override Governor

Sebelius' veto of the National Rifle Association
(NRA)-backed Right-to-Carry legislation, Senate Bill
418, "The Personal and Family Protection Act."

"After 12 years, it took a collective, bi-partisan
effort to win this fight. Kansas now joins 46 other
states who enjoy some form of Right-to-Carry," NRA
Chief Lobbyist Chris W. Cox declared.

The Kansas State Senate voted 30 to 10 to override
Governor Sebelius' veto of the Right-to-Carry
legislation. Less than a day later, the Kansas House
of Representative voted 91-33 to sustain the override.

Cox continued, "We want to recognize the steadfast
support of several state leaders. Without their hard
work, Kansans would still be deprived of this valuable
law. Senator Phil Journey, Representative Candy Ruff,
and Representative Gary Hayzlett worked tirelessly on
this measure and we thank them."

Kansas becomes the 47th state with some form of
Right-to-Carry. There are now three states that do
not allow any form of Right-to-Carry; Nebraska,
Illinois and Wisconsin have yet to pass such
self-defense legislation.

 "As always, we appreciate the commitment and
participation of our members in Kansas for helping
pass this legislation and helping override the
Governor's veto of this self-defense law," concluded
Cox.

-This all goes into effect 1 Jan 2007, it's about time.

Chris Somers
US Army (Ret.)
Combat Wounded
Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet 300+ Missions 2004-2005
American Legion #420
MVPA Member #28977
Proud Owner-1953 M38A1