Re: Scam warning

From: Buzz (muttman@charter.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 09:32:35 PST

What makes me laugh is that I get these requests on email accounts that aren't
registered to Paypal, or ePay, or the Chase Bank.

Buzz

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:20:29 +0000, you wrote:
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Watch out for a SCAM EMAIL regarding "your" Paypal account and exercise the
appropriate care and caution.

>Subject line reads, "Please Restore Your Account Access." The email encourages
the recipient to go to a website link listed in the message portion of the
email. The email text has some obvious spelling errors but at a glance, it
looks fairly official.

>I have not responded to the email or gone to the site as I don't HAVE a Paypal
account, nor do I intend to explore this link any further, so unfortunately I
cannot offer anyone any additional information but the bad guys are obviously
still out there trying to make a dishonest dollar.