Re: HMMMV glowplug questions:

From: SGM PANTANO (TRUKS1@msn.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 08:31:22 PST

The best glow plug removal tool is a good pair of needle nose pliers..
If you are pulling a swelled glow plug out of the hole -- and it breaks -
you are in deep crapola...you will have to pull the head.
I have put this on before...but apparently folks think the stupid tool is a

miracle worker..?!
IT IS NOT....Do this.... Pull the injector over the glow plug in

question--or all of them like I do .. When one plug bursts...change them
all - don't think you are saving anything by changing one plug....
You can then reach in there with the needle nose pliers and break off the
glow plug... DO NOT LOOSEN THE PLUG UNTIL YOU BREAK THE INSIDE PART OFF---
Now - you can screw it out with the swelled part gone.
Simple...and no special tools ...just the 30 m/m socket for the injector. I
use a cheap Chinese socket I ground down to work --it was a bit too thick...
Carry on ....check 6
Gene