Re: HMMMV glowplug questions:

From: Long, Michael C [CARD] (mlong@iastate.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 07:08:13 PST

First step in removing a suspect glow plug is get that cylinder on TDC!,
then proceed with all the other excellent methods already presented.

Why, you may ask? That way if you break parts of the glow plugs off
they have much less chance falling down into the cylinder. Compressed
air blown in the glow plug hole with the injector out can help flush
debris out too.