Re: HMMMV glowplug questions:

From: Chance Wolf (bigbadwolf@telus.net)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 09:49:11 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "SGM PANTANO" <TRUKS1@msn.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] HMMMV glowplug questions:

> The best glow plug removal tool is a good pair of needle nose pliers..
> If you are pulling a swelled glow plug out of the hole -- and it breaks -
> you are in deep crapola...you will have to pull the head.
> I have put this on before...but apparently folks think the stupid tool is
> miracle worker..?!
> IT IS NOT....Do this

Mileage varies, of course, but all the "miracle worker" tool does is
exercise the same leverage everyone tries to apply with vice-grips and
screwdrivers and needlenose pliers and what-not but concentrates it all in
the most useful direction; i.e., straight-out. I was somewhat skeptical
when I first heard of them but then Work ordered one in for me to try, and
now it sits in a very hallowed place all its own on my tool-shelf in its
very own altar. I've had to pull out three sets of swelled/stuck plugs with
the thing so far and; a) have had no problems at all; b) haven't broken a
single plug; c) haven't invented any new Colourful Combinations of Curses.
In short, it works - and works well.

I've just grabbed it off the shelf to see what the label is, and though
there's no part no. on the thing, it has " www.militaryjeep.com
818-772-0806 " lasered on it. Anyhow, for whatever it's worth, a hearty
endorsement from yours truly, and that's from working on CUCV, their civvy
equivalents, and HMMWVs all (like many on the list, of course.)