HMMWV tires on a M886 ambulance?

From: Mike Davidsen (mike@aspirationsoftware.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 10:03:55 PST

Buddy has a M886 ambulance with bald tires, needs a new set. I noticed
the guy at Alfa Heaven in WI, who sells some M880 type vehicles, he
usually puts the HMMWV tires, which are 36" Super Swampers, on the
M880s. He doesn't have any -886 vehicles in stock to look at, but was
wondering, would those 36" HMMWV tires fit on an M886 ambulance body?
It's got that goofball square body on the back, not sure if 36s will
fit. I just think it would like a lot cooler with the HMMWV swampers on
the ambulance than the stock rubber. We can get HMMWV tires slightly
used for cheaper than new civvy rubber, but there's no point in us
buying them if they won't fit.

Mike
1967 Kaiser M725 ambulance