Odd WWII GMC or Chevy

From: 69barracuda@mchsi.com
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 18:47:35 PDT

Lurker Rob here

A while back I spied a strange looking C.O.E GMC bus looking thing lurking in a
small town out here in the Mojave Desert. At least I think it's a GMC, maybe a
Chevy 1.5 T based. Anyway, it looks like a bus, is 4 wheel drive, has the blunt
snout of a COE, wire mesh screen over the windows...and packed full of cr*p,
sitting in a yard full of more stuff. I didn't have my camera with me or I
would have snapped a pic of it. It looks very WWII ish..still OD under all the

dirt and grime and still had a star on it's nose (I think, it was pretty hard
to tell)

If SWMBO and the budget ever lets me have another OD toy it has to be
usefull...so, with a big family, a bus like vehicle (A Carryall or Command car
is out of the question due to the Barret-Jackson like prices) would fit the
bill.

The next time I'm in the area I'll snap some pics of it, but if anybody has any
idea what the heck I'm blathering on about....or a link to a photo (I've
scoured the CCKW page and everything else Google yakked up...nada, zip, zilch!)

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Rob

--