Re: Charge a battery? Plant a tree

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 15:29:10 PDT

Fred Martin wrote:

> Marty...I thought of something else on this subject. You don't reckon
> they are measuring the RF thats coming into the test leads from the
> atmosphere? You'd probably have to use shielded leads to keep the RF
> out so as to get an accurate measurement. Fred

He wouldn't be getting a DC current if he was reading RF, not without a
rectifier anway. I think it is static charge. As you measure higher
and higher from the ground, the static charge increases. I'd guess that
trees at a certain height have the same charge roughly as the air around
them at that height. It isn't a lot of power.

Marty