Re: Hummer parts

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 20:39:14 PDT

Tim,

Assuming that all of the engines and transmissions are worn out - then
they still have value as cores if nothing else. At a minimum of a
couple hundred per engine if they are clean and intact. Find a place
that remanufacturers engines and transmissions and make a deal. You can
do a lot better than scrap value!

If you can do some testing on them - find the good peices and sell them
on Ebay etc as tested engines - takes time but if you have the
facilities well worth while.

One more idea - obtain the entire lot - itemize exactly what you have -
put the entire lot for sale on Ebay. Buyer pays freight or moves with
their own trailer etc.

Regarding shipping heavy stuff - I've had pretty good luck with Dayton
Freight - if they go down to you. Also if you are near an Amtrak line -
they used to be very cheap to ship freight on. Years ago - 600 lbs from
Indiana to Denver was about $200. That may have all changed now - I
haven't checked recently.

That sounds like something that I would jump on.

Good Luck,

Dave