Re: Exploding paperweight costs teacher his hand

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 06:40:35 PDT

That sounds about right for an M-79 round. In the brass, ready to shoot the
entire round, projectile and brass would be about 5 inches tall, maybe a
little less. If the entire round went off it would have taken out the front
of the classroom, depending of course on what type round it was. H/E, W/P,
CS, Canister and a few others that slip my mind. The M-79 and it's newer
model that is attached under the M-16 is a 40MM weapon. You can find
"practice rounds" for them at many flea markets and military surplus stores.

Best Regards,

Ed

"The consolidation of the States into one vast empire, sure to be
aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain
precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it."