removing duals as a set

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 19:30:22 PDT

I have used a metal sign, jack truck up, pour some motor oil on sign, slide
under wheel, loosen nuts that hold hub on axle, gently lower truck until
wheel is free, put some blocks under axle - we kept a bundle of wooden
shingles so we could keep height correct. Wheel and tires will slide off
easy, blocks and shingles will keep axle in right position for reassembly,
worked good enough we did not damage seals. Not as good as "store bought"
wheel removal tool but it does good job.