Re: all work and no play

From: DBaumanjr@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 03:53:13 PDT

I seldom get answers to my pleas for parts, or questions. Though when I do,
the answer is generally spot on. I try to answer any that I can help with.
Though being experienced only in M715's & M151's, my knowledge is limited MV-wise.
I AM an ASE certified auto tech with 30 years experience, though, and more
than a few of these things are basically the same. Electricity being one. But
those CUCV systems are just plain weird! I know, I know, change the fuel
pressure switch.......
 Having a M715, I know that I can go to the M715 Zone. But I'm not fond of
all the BS that goes on there. Plus if you have a stock truck, you're in the
minority & very apt to get a "cobble it together" answer. I'm not interested in
this kind of fix. I never did get an authorization for subscription from Steel
Soldiers, so that I could even try it. Mil-Veh List? These guys are fun to
read, more than just a little bit"out there", and the cross section of topics is
very interesting. Though I find I just delete the duece stuff anymore. I even
enjoyed the Jerrycan thread, the Ronzo/Hankie duet, etc.
 I miss names like Winnington-Ball, Doyle, Baker, and a bunch of others that
escape me. What ever happened to the guy in Scotland with the command car? Or
the guy in Kalifornia with the Mil Firetruck? Does Jack Lee still have his
Valp?(he still shows up from time to time onlist) How about an update on
people's vehicles?
 *AND NOW FOR THE MV QUESTIONS*
 I'm getting ready to replace the external oilpump on my M715, in the
interest of fixing an oil leak(my oilpump housing is cracked around one of the
mounting bolt holes). Anyone have any tricks from doing this? It seems most of the
"old timers" have/had a 715 at one time or another. So I should get Scads of
replies..... ;-) I'm still looking for the rubber crankcase breather hose that
goes from the side of the block to the aircleaner on a fording kit equipped
m715.
 Please answer these questions onlist.
 Some people need to remember to stop, count to ten, take a deep breath &
relax. All work & no play makes me cranky......

Darryl Bauman Jr.
[OlolllllllllolO]
1967 M715 w/winch
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon