Re: Need Trailer Plug for M35

From: joeyounginc@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 16:35:25 PDT

Eric,
I can't help you with a plug, but I might be able to concerning
12 volt brakes on a trailer towed by a 24 volt M35A2. I got a 24
volt solenoid from NAPA and tied it into the brake switch wiring
so when triggered by the brakes being appplied, it sent 12 volts
to the electric brake control, then the 12 volts went to my
trailer. I tied into the grounded battery to get 12 volts and
put 24 volt bulbs in the trailer. Since there's not a continuous
demand on the one battery, I never experienced a problem
with it getting over-charged.
Joe