Re: CUCV dies - Survival tip #1

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 18:25:31 PDT

The only way to stop a diesel is to either cut off the fuel or cut of
the air. The M35 and my tractor have a hand operated manual lever that
cuts off the fuel. If you forget to pull out the lever it won't crank

when you hit the starter. I assume that the solenoid does the same
thing when you turn the key on. I doubt that it would have hurt

anything to have turned the key off and then got out and unhooked the
wire. The truck would have continued running until the solenoid was
released.

If a diesel is running it is dieseling, ie running without spark plugs.

Thanks for the tip. I don't know if I would have thought of wiring the
solenoid open, I would have thought it would be internal to the pump.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi