Re: Wondering about a fuel filter for a M38A1

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 06:10:10 PDT

Chris,

I replaced my in tank M38A1 Filter with an original from Peter DeBella's
Jeep Parts. It might have still allowed fine particles to get to the
Carb. As an additional protection to the expensive new Carb I also added a
pencil type Filter (Like the 65 Ford had) at the line entry into the carb.
That type really helps to protect the fuel system, but you should have the
main filter, or you will plug the fine pencil filter too quickly.

If you do not know what I mean, contact me off list.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA, MTA, Red Ball Transport