Re: Humvees for sale

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 14:47:38 PDT

Quoting Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>:

> There will be one more M998 Slantback if the chap a couple of floors
> down says what happens happens. We had 2 vehicles come back from
> Iraq. Both were purchased by our then President Eason Jordan in
> Kuwait. One is a civilian Hummer with Arabic on everything. The other
> is a surplus M998 slantback with the winch and weapons mount ring.
> Both received a large 'safari' basket on top for stowage of news
> equipment and mounting of a mobile satellite antenna.
>

> Anyhow, expect to see two CNN vehicles, both in desert Tan. One
> Hummer and One M998 on E-Pay sometime in the future.

i would expect these to be a true collectible in their own right in 50
years. I can just see them on display at the 2055 MVPA convention with
holographic reporters and vintage news gear. I wonder if anything like
this exists for past wars? I guess in the past the reporters either
traveled with the troops or stayed behind the lines.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi