M1031 CUCV BATTERY SIZE/ M1031 compressor question

From: Mike & Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 21:13:45 PDT

Need a new set of batteries for our M1031 CUCV at St. Marys
Fire Dept. Truck is still 24 volt stock with added lights,
radio, and siren. Will be buying Interstate Brand, but from local
vendor (meaning Mechanic shop). I don't need to a military battery,
but wondering on size or rating I needed.

I finally got our M1031 with 1/3 phase generator (manual calls it
an alternator) going. It has an air compressor with electric motor
that has some type of check valve with bleed hole mounted at air
inlet to tank fitting. I am not sure it is a check valve, because
it bleeds all the time and tank will empty when unit is off. I am
wondering if anyone knows the purpose of this. I was guessing it
bleed off pressure to compressor, but left it on tank when working
properly. I am thinking about deleting it and putting on a check valve
with no bleed hole.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net