Re: Pseudo HMVs and Re enactors

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 09:27:53 PDT

Anyone out there using a URAL motorcycle with sidecar in WWII reenacting
as a Weremacht or captured BMW R71?

** Yes, and no. I have a very early post-war URAL I am doing up as a
WWII German bike for re-enacting purposes. During tacticals its kinda a
dispatch. Will attach the sidecar for when I have heavier loads for the
camp, battles ( as I can then attach the MG34 ), and other displays. The
Chinese copies are good, but the need work, the later URALs are about teh
same. A lot of modern stuff added. IF you strip them off ( elec. start,
chrome, turn signals, etc.) you might have one that'll fool a lot of
people in thehobby.
Steve

PS, IF yopu have something also that no one else really knows what the
heck it is, sometimes you can pass it off as an old vehicle. Case in
point the 1972 GAZ69 Command CAr. Dress it up like a WWII German car &
you have VERY FEW people that will dispute it. Its for sale now on E-Bay
as we seem to have coem across a "large amount of 60+ year old European
hardened steel" that is soon gonna call itself ours & so we need to make
room / create soem cash flow