Re: Historic vs Collector Vehicle

From: Herb Leong (herb@tomobiki.urusei.net)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 12:52:59 PDT

Vito A wrote:
#
# First time titling and registering our M35 and our local dmv said I'd have
# to go to Trenton (NJ) to get historic plates. (QQ) Anything anyone can tell
# me about the difference this will make for us would be appreciated. We're
# concerned that if we do it one way vs the other, we may not be able to
# participate in certain events or go particular places that we might want to.
# We don't want to be left out of anything because of something like this.
#
# Thanks group!
# Fran.

Not 100% sure about NJ, but in other states, a historic plate means that
you are exempt from certain fees and tests with the restriction that the
yearly mileage stays low. So if you do a lot of shows, you may need a
trailer vs. flat towing or driving it to keep the miles down.

/herb